Once the needs in a community have been assessed and the necessary legwork has been completed to build the foundation of an affordable housing project, the proponent must source the necessary pre-site services in order to determine and prove that a feasible plot of land has been secured.
There are hundreds if not thousands of companies who accomplish one or more of these services, and choosing the right firm could be both costly and time consuming. The SHI has identified key partners who are familiar with the affordable housing development process to help offer these services at reasonable rates. Phase 2 will manage the procurement and delivery of these necessary site specific reports and activities.
- Site evaluation
- Parking analysis and setbacks
- Site design objectives
- Policy & zoning bylaw review
- Site schematics
- Proposed vehicular and pedestrian access points
- Suggested building location
- Allocate areas for landscape treatment
- 3D representation of suggested volumes reflecting completed analysis
- Additional stakeholder and public engagement sessions